Game of Thrones has a pretty high body count. And behind it all are a lot of bodies, in the form of the show’s very real, very dedicated stunt team. Now that your watch has ended, let’s see what the Game of Thrones stunt department has to say about the fire and blood (and more fire) at the heart of the show’s action scenes. Here’s a sneak peek at what’s inside this exclusive look from HBO:
- Go in-depth with Stunt Coordinator Rowley Irlam on his four years on Game of Thrones
- Find out how the crew makes stunts as safe as possible using invisible wires and hidden mats
- Learn the step-by-step process for how to burn a man alive (safely!)
- See teams of stuntmen practice being roasted by a dragon
- Discover how to channel fear into creating safe but dynamic stunts
- Learn from the stuntmen themselves how to stay calm and keep breathing when you’re on fire
- Find out how Irlam and crew pulled off a record twenty full fire burns in one shot
For more on the stunt team’s innovation and dedication, check out a behind the scenes look at the stunt work during the Battle of Winterfell.
The content featured on https://www.directv.com/insider/ is editorial content brought to you by DIRECTV. While some of the programming discussed may now or in the future be available affiliates distribution services, the companies and persons discussed and depicted, and the authors and publishers of licensed content, are not necessarily associated with and do not necessarily endorse DIRECTV. When you click on ads on this site you may be taken to DIRECTV marketing pages that display advertising content. Content sponsored or co-created by programmers is identified as "Sponsored Content" or "Promoted Content."