To program your DVR with your computer or the app, a Genie® or HD DVR (model R15 or later; model HR20 or later; or a TiVo Series 2 receiver with 6.4a software) is required.
Using your DIRECTV remote
When you find a title to record, press the R on your remote
to schedule it.Note:
Live broadcasts and sporting events may not end at the scheduled time. You have the option to extend the recording time by up to 3 hours.Watch your DVR recordings
Manage DVR recordings
- Press LIST on your remote to access your playlist.
- Choose your recording and press SELECT to watch.
Schedule recordings at directv.com
- Press LIST on your remote.
- Scroll up to select Recording Manager.
- Upcoming Recordings manages scheduled recordings.
- Series Manager prioritizes your recordings to avoid conflicts.
- Recording History tracks all recordings on the DVR.
- Purchase History tracks all purchases on the DVR.
- Manual Recording Setup allows you to schedule a manual recording for a specific date and time.
- Typical Recording Preferences sets preferences (First Run, Repeats) for one-touch recording.
- Playlist Share Settings shares or hides recordings from other DVRs in your home.
Schedule recordings with a smartphone or tablet
- Go to DIRECTV Entertainment and sign in with your user ID and password.
- Select Watch on TV.
- Use the Program Guide or search to find the show you want to record.
- Select Record Series. If applicable, you can record a single episode or an entire series.
You can access your DVR Playlist using the DIRECTV App.Review compatible devices and download info
- Open the DIRECTV App on your mobile device.
- Search for a title and tap REC to record. If you selected a series, you'll have the option to record a single episode or the entire series.
- Go to My Library to access your DVR Playlist.