We’re working to give you the best DIRECTV App experience by improving features and functionality within the app. Recent changes include:
- Additional supported devices like Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV
- Enhanced program Guide and navigation
- Better search results when browsing for a channel or show
- Access to over 65,000 shows and movies on demand (Varies by subscription package)
- Using your mobile device as a remote control for receivers
- Receiver set-top-box detection
Have you seen an opt-in invitation for streaming DVR playback? An internet-connected receiver (models HR44, HR54, or HS17) is required for this functionality in the DIRECTV App. We will be rolling this out to all customers in the coming weeks. Stay tuned for your invitation.
See a list of all compatible devices for the DIRECTV App.
See available channels, along with show names and times.
- Choose the channel icon to find programs for that network.
- Exposed filters now allow you to browse by: All, Recent, Favorites, Streaming, Sports, Kids, Movies, and TV Shows.
- Select the heart next to the channel as a shortcut to favorite it.
- Choose Favorites to see a customized guide of your favorite channels.
- Sort by channel number or alphabetical order, based on viewing preference. Streaming channels to watch on your device are pre-filtered in the guide. Selecting All channels in the guide filter displays all channels included in your subscription, even if they are not available to stream.
Browse categories and select a program to watch - right from the homepage. Some categories to try:
- What’s on Now - scroll through a list of live TV shows.
- Trending- see recent shows people are talking about.
- Featured TV Shows – find some of the most popular shows.
- New This Month - check out the latest movies and episodes.
Tip: You can pause and rewind live TV for up to 60 minutes.
It’s easy to find what you want to watch. View saved bookmarks and stored DVR recordings playlist.
Use the Networks, Movies, and TV Shows tabs to filter by type.
Use search to find a specific show, movie, network, actor, or keyword.