Don't miss your favorite programs! You can set your DVR to record any movie or show in the guide, that’s included in your subscription package.
Heads up: To program your DVR with your computer or the app, a Genie® or HD DVR (model R15 or later; model HR20 or later; or a TiVo Series 2 receiver with 6.4a software) is required.
Using your DIRECTV remote
When you find a title to record, press the R on your remote to schedule it.
Note: Live broadcasts and sporting events may not end at the scheduled time. You have the option to extend the recording time by up to 3 hours.
Watch your DVR recordings
- Press LISTon your remote to access your playlist.
- Choose your recording and press SELECTto watch it.
Manage DVR recordings
- Press LISTon your remote.
- Scroll up to select Recording Manager.
- Upcoming Recordingsmanages scheduled recordings.
- Series Managerprioritizes your recordings to avoid conflicts.
- Recording Historytracks all recordings on the DVR.
- Purchase Historytracks all purchases on the DVR.
- Manual Recording Setup allows you to schedule a manual recording for a specific date and time.
- Typical Recording Preferencessets preferences (First Run, Repeats) for one-touch recording.
- Playlist Share Settingsshares or hides recordings from other DVRs in your home.
Schedule recordings at directv.com
- Go to DIRECTV Entertainment and sign in with your user ID and password.
- Select Watch on TV.
- Use the Program Guideor search to find the show you want to record.
- Select Record Series. If applicable, you can record a single episode or an entire series.
Schedule recordings with a smartphone or tablet
You can access your DVR Playlist using the DIRECTV App.
Review compatible devices and download info
- Open the DIRECTV App on your mobile device.
- Search for a title and tap REC to record. If you selected a series, you'll have the option to record a single episode or the entire series.
- Go to My Library to access your DVR Playlist.