Want to make sure your DIRECTV STREAM device has the most recent updates?
Good to know:
- Press the HOME button on your DIRECTV STREAM remote.
- Select the gear icon onscreen to open your DIRECTV STREAM settings.
- Choose System, then General.
- Select Check for Updates.
Keep your DIRECTV STREAM device plugged in to get automatic software updates.
Amazon Fire TV
Your Fire TV should update your device automatically. If you want to make sure, go to Settings
, then Appstore
. You should see On
under Automatic updates
. On Fire TV go to Settings
To make sure a particular application is updated
- Select My Fire TV
- Select About, then Check for System Update
- Navigate to that app
- You should see an Update button instead of Open
Additional help can be found on Amazon’s support site
.RokuYour Roku device should update your software and channels automatically. However you want to check manually, follow these instructions.
- Press Home Button
a. Select Settings
b. Select System
c. Select System Update
d. Select Check Now
2. To make sure a particular application is updated
a. Navigate to the app you wish to update
b. Press *
c. Then click Check for UpdatesAdditional help on this topic can be found at Roku’s support site