With the Google Assistant, you can complete everyday tasks from the comfort of your couch.
- Press and release the MIC button on your remote.
- When the blue light appears on the remote, say your request into the microphone.
Your DIRECTV STREAM remote with Google Assistant1
responds to your voice. You can ask it to:
- Access your favorite entertainment; live TV; and more than 500,000 movies, shows, and games.2
- Change channels and turn on closed captioning.
- Check the traffic, weather, stocks, and news.
- Display your calendar or Google Photos1 on your TV screen.
- Show Google answers for your questions on your TV screen.
- Turn on your lights or control other connected smart home devices.
Press the Google Assistant button on your remote to start
Using your DIRECTV STREAM voice remote with Google Assistant, you can:
- Go to a TV show or channel
- Record a movie or TV show
- Get info about a movie or TV show, like “What’s on TNT?”
- Improve your DIRECTV STREAM watching experience
Plus, you can control your smart home devices or manage tasks. You can even ask Google anything—for example, “What sound does a hippo make?”
Personalize your DIRECTV STREAM experienceGet started
When setting up your DIRECTV STREAM device, you can easily sign in to your Google account for a personalized experience. Just follow the steps when you set up your device, or set up later. Heads up:
Your Google account ID is different from your DIRECTV STREAM ID. Don’t have a Google account? Sign up online
or when you’re setting up your DIRECTV STREAM device.Sign in to your Google account, if needed
Didn’t sign in during set up? Or made changes to your account? You’ll have to sign in to personalize your experience.
- Press the MIC button on your remote and say something like, “What's on my shopping list?”
- Select Activate Your Google Assistant on the TV screen.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Read and accept the disclosures and data privacy info, then select Allow to activate the Google Assistant.
Have questions about your Google account? Get help with common Google account issuesControl your smart home devices and default music providers
Use the Google Assistant on DIRECTV STREAM to control your connected smart home devices or play music through your default music provider.
Make sure you also have the Google Home1
app installed on your mobile device. If not, no worries. Get and download the Google Home app on your phone from Google Play
or the Apple App
See all important details
- Open the Google Home app on your mobile device and tap Settings.
- Add all your smart home devices and default music providers.
- Press the MIC button on your TV remote and speak your request.