Try these options first to fix many picture and sound issues with the DIRECTV app.
- Check the HDMI connection between your Apple TV and television.
- Close and restart the DIRECTV app.
- Turn off your Apple TV for at least 30 seconds and turn it back on.
- Restart your home network
- Make sure you’re connected to your home network. From the Apple TV home menu, select Settings and then Network.
- Check for DIRECTV app updates. Apple TV should automatically update the DIRECTV app. If you turned off automatic updates, you can get updates from the App Store®.
- Make sure your tvOS is up-to-date. Go to Settings then System and select Software updates. Confirm you have the most current software. If it isn’t, update your software and restart the DIRECTV app.
- Uninstall and reinstall the DIRECTV app. Once you remove the app, download it again from the App store.
Want more tips? Learn how to improve DIRECTV STREAM streaming and fix connection errors
When you set up your DIRECTV STREAM device at home, that location becomes the residential, non-mobile internet network associated with your device. This is called your home Wi-Fi network. Accessing the DIRECTV app on your Apple TV will also be limited to your home Wi-Fi network. You can change your home Wi-Fi network up to 4 times within a 12-month period by relocating your DIRECTV STREAM device.