Google Assistant makes it easier than ever to watch what you want, when you want. Just press and release the MIC/voice
button on your remote and wait for solid blue lights. Then, say what you want to do:
- Go to a channel or show - say “Tune to TNT”
- Turn closed captions on or off - say “Turn on closed captions”
- Watch something on Netflix – say “Open Netflix”
- Search for a movie – Say “Search action movies”
If your Gemini device doesn’t automatically connect
Connecting your new Gemini device to your DIRECTV network and main Genie server (HR44/HR54 models).
You may need to go to your main Genie receiver to get a 4-digit PIN to connect your Gemini device to your network:
- On the main receiver, press MENU on the Genie remote and go to
Settings > Whole-Home > Manage Clients >Add Client
- Follow on-screen prompts including pressing the DASH (-) to get your
- The 4-digit PIN will be entered on your new Gemini receiver screen
Connecting your new Gemini device to your DIRECTV network with a Genie 2 server (HS17 model):
Learn more about connecting your Genie receivers to the internet.
- Go to your Genie 2 receiver and press the Add Client button on the top of the tower
- Return to your Gemini receiver and follow the on-screen prompts
For additional assistance with your Gemini device, please call 888.488.4742.
If setting up more than one Gemini device, please connect all equipment before contacting us, if possible. For additional assistance with your Gemini device, please call 888.488.4742.