There are a few ways to reset your receiver. You can press the reset button, unplug it, or restore it to factory settings.
Press the reset button
- Locate the reset button. On most DIRECTV receivers, there is a small red button located inside the access card door. With others, the button is on the side of the receiver.
- Press the red button, then wait for your receiver to reboot.
To reset a Genie Mini you need to restart the main Genie too. Resetting your DIRECTV Genie and Genie Mini restores local channels.
Unplug your receiver
- Unplug your receiver's power cord from the electrical outlet, wait 15 seconds, and plug it back in.
- Press the Power button on the front panel of your receiver. Wait for your receiver to reboot.
Restore your receiver to factory settings
Customized preferences, playlists, and favorites are lost with this method.
- Press and hold the blue DIRECTV power button on the front of your receiver.
- Release after twenty seconds.
Refreshing and reauthorizing your service is recommended during troubleshooting and fixes many issues. Learn more about refreshing your service
if you’re still experiencing issues.