Set up parental controls for directv.com and the DIRECTV App
If your family streams DIRECTV on-the-go, here's how to set up parental controls. You'll need your DIRECTV parental controls PIN. Don't remember it? Learn how to reset it
- Sign in to your DIRECTV account.
- Select Profile.
- Select Manage next to Parental controls & privacy.
- Choose Enable Settings and follow the prompts to set them up.
On the DIRECTV App
- Open app on a smartphone or tablet.
- Go to Settings > Preferences. (Gear icon opens Settings)
- Select Parental Controls and toggle ON or OFF.
- Enter your 4-digit PIN.
- Set Restrictions by ratings for Movies, TV Shows, and Unrated titles.
After 5 failed PIN attempts in the app, access is locked. Your sign in password is required to unlock.