Take your batteries out for a couple of seconds, then put them back in to see if that helps. You can also try inserting new batteries.
Refreshing the connection between your remote and DIRECTV STREAM device can fix many common problems. Here’s how:
First, unpair your remote from the device:
- Press and hold DASH (–) and APPS or Diamond buttons until you see the LED lights on the remote blink blue twice.
- Restart your DIRECTV STREAM device by pressing and releasing the red button on the side of the device. You can also unplug your device and then plug it back in.
When your DIRECTV STREAM device is back on, pair the remote again:
- Point the remote at your DIRECTV STREAM device.
- Press and hold FAST FORWARD and REWIND at the same time for 2-3 seconds. When they pair, you’ll get an onscreen message that your remote is ready to use.
Control sound bars and TVs
Program your DIRECTV STREAM remote to control them. Here's how:
- Open DIRECTV STREAM on your TV device.
- Choose Settings and then System.
- Select Remote & Devices, then Program Your Remote.
- Choose the TV manufacturer or sound bar you want to add.
- Follow the prompts to finish up.