Local channel availability is based on your billing ZIP Code and market area. However, if you receive your DIRECTV STREAM through your community (such as your building manager, HOA or via your rent) or as a courtesy service (such as a free account for demonstration), your local channel availability is based on the building’s service address.
To learn more about local channels, including regional sports networks, visit the Channel Lookup Tool
Going to another city? No problem – you can still watch local channels. Make sure you enable location services on your mobile device so you can stream.Channel troubleshooting
If your Guide
isn’t showing the right channels:
Update your Billing address
- Press Home on your remote.
- Open Settings > General > System Summary.
- Make sure your ZIP Code is correct.
- Go to Location > Location Status and toggle OFF.
- Press the red button on the side of your device to restart it.
- Toggle your Location Status ON after you restart.
- Log in to your DIRECTV STREAM online account.
- Go to Billing & Payments.
- Scroll down to My Payment Info.
- Select Change to update your Billing address.
- Click Save.
Access to local networks depends on licensing agreements between DIRECTV STREAM, and local market carriers – wherever you happen to be. Local, regional, and national providers hold the broadcast rights to these channels. Remember to enable location services on your mobile device so you can stream.