Check network connections
To stream from the DIRECTV app, you must connect to Wi-Fi®
or a cellular network. Here’s how to make sure you’re connected:
Free up storage
- Launch other apps on your device and make sure they connect to the internet.
- Check your Wi-Fi connection. Go to Apps, choose Settings, then Wi-Fi. Make sure the top-most Wi-Fi network is connected.
- Confirm other web-enabled are connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure the device is on your provider network, if you aren’t connected to Wi-Fi.
You may also have streaming issues when your device’s memory is almost full. Here’s how to check it:
- Go to Apps, choose Settings, then Storage. Storage displays how many items you have installed on your device.
- Try uninstalling apps you no longer use, if your memory is almost full.