Having pairing issues or missing your Chromecast icon? These tips may help:
- Confirm your Android or iOS device is compatible with the DIRECTV STREAM app.
- Make sure your mobile device and Chromecast device are connected to the same Wi-Fi® network.
- Close and reopen the DIRECTV STREAM and Google Home apps.
- Check for updates for your Android or iOS device.
- Unplug the power cord for your Chromecast device for one minute, plug it back in, and restart your Android or iOS device.
When you set up a DIRECTV STREAM device at home, that location becomes the residential, non-mobile internet network associated with your device. This is called your home Wi-Fi network. Accessing the DIRECTV STREAM app on a Chromecast device is also limited to your home Wi-Fi network. You can change your home Wi-Fi network up to 4 times within a 12-month period by relocating your DIRECTV STREAM device.
For further assistance, visit Chromecast support