We’re working to give you the best DIRECTV App experience by improving features and functionality within the app. Recent changes include:
- Unified single app for Apple iOS & Android OS devices
- Enhanced program Guide and navigation
- Better search results when browsing for a channel or show
- Ability to pause and rewind live TV
- Access to 65,000 shows and movies on demand (Varies by subscription package)
- Using your mobile device as a remote control for receivers
- Receiver set-top-box detection
- Discontinuation of Mobile DVR in the new experience
See available channels, along with show names and times.
- Choose the channel icon to find programs for that network.
- Exposed filters now allow you to browse by: All, Recent, Favorites, Streaming, Sports, Kids, Movies, and TV Shows.
- Select Recent to view your most recently watched channels.
- Select the heart next to the channel as a shortcut to favorite it.
- Choose Favorites to see a customized guide of your favorite channels.
- Sort by channel number or alphabetical order, based on program viewing preference.
- View program info at the top of the page under the title.
Browse categories and select a program to watch - right from the homepage. Some categories to try:
- What’s on Now - Scroll through a list of live TV shows.
- Trending- See recent shows people are talking about.
- Featured TV Shows – Find some of the most popular shows.
- New This Month - Check out the latest movies and episodes.
Tip: You can pause and rewind live TV for up to 60 minutes.
It’s easy to find what you want to watch. View saved bookmarks and stored DVR Recordings playlist.
Use the Networks, Movies, and TV Shows tabs to filter by type.
Use search to find a specific show, movie, network, actor, or keyword.
Heads up: Amazon Fire (Kindle) tablet is no longer a compatible device. See compatible devices