NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING AND PARTICIPATION IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL U.S. RESIDENT LOCATED IN THE 50 CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES (EXCEPT FLORIDA AND COLORADO) ("U.S.") AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
- How to Enter: The 2003 DIRECTV Customer Appreciation Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") begins at 12:01 a.m. (Eastern Time ["ET"]) on May 8, 2003 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (ET) on June 30, 2003 ("Sweepstakes Period"). To Enter: Log on to DIRECTV.com/hdtvprize, complete the online entry form and the High Value Customer Profile and submit it in accordance with the on-screen directions during the Sweepstakes Period and you will be entered. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on June 30, 2003. Limit of one entry per person permitted. DIRECTV, Inc. ("Sponsor") and RPMC, Inc. ("Sweepstakes Administrator") will not verify receipt of entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. All mandatory information must be provided or entry will be void.
- Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes, you must 1) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States (except the states of Colorado and Florida), 2) be 18 years or older, 3) be physically located in the U.S. at the time of entry, 4) be a DIRECTV billing subscriber (outside of any area served by members or affiliates of the National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative) in good standing as of May 7, 2003 5) be deemed a "High Value Customer" by DIRECTV (at its sole discretion), and 6) have received a High Value Customer's mailing packet. Sweepstakes is not open to anyone else and is void in Colorado, Florida, Puerto Rico, and all U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of DIRECTV, Inc. and RPMC, Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors, and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate families and those living in the same household of each, are ineligible to participate in this Sweepstakes.
- Drawing and Notification: Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received on or about August 19, 2003 by RPMC, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions, along with those of the Sponsor, are final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes. ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE ARE BASED UPON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. Potential winners will be notified by telephone, email or mail. If a potential winner cannot be reached within ten (10) calendar days from the first notification attempt, then such person shall be disqualified and there will be a random drawing to select an alternate winner.
- Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize: A Samsung 42" Wide HDTV Monitor
plus a Samsung-DIRECTV High-Definition Multi-Satellite System. (The
DIRECTV High-Definition Multi-Satellite System is an upgrade to the
standard DIRECTV System.) System includes triple LNB dish antenna, High-Definition
Receiver and professional installation of all components]. DIRECTV service
is not included as part of the prize. (Approximate Retail Value $5500.00).
No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes allowed except
at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute
a prize of equal or greater value if a prize cannot be awarded as described
for any reason. Limit one prize per person/DIRECTV Account/family/household.
The total approximate retail value of all the prizes is $5500.00.
- Prize Conditions: Potential winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (collectively, "Affidavit/Release"). If a potential winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, then the parent or legal guardian of such minor must also sign any documents required herein. Such documents must be returned by the date and/or time indicated within such documents. If a potential winner fails to return such documents within that time or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if a potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. If prizes or prize notifications are returned as undeliverable or are unclaimed, this will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of the winner. Except where prohibited by law, the winner's entry and acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities and those acting under their authority to use winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, for advertising and promotion purposes without review or further compensation.
- Sweepstakes Conditions: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator (which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes) and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Each entrant, by participating in the Sweepstakes, releases, discharges, indemnifies and holds harmless DIRECTV, Inc. and RPMC, Inc., their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, receipt, possession and/or misuse or use of any prize, or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes, or for any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize. Each winner further acknowledges that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of any prize.
- Limitations of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, or faulty transmissions, or for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or entries not received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunications malfunctions which may limit an entrant's ability to participate. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and is not responsible for errors in printing or presentation of the Sweepstakes. Entries received from persons residing in geographic areas in which entry is not permissible will be disqualified. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Any dispute or claim arising out of the play of this Sweepstakes will be resolved in the U.S, and shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without respect to its conflicts of laws or principles. Any such claim shall be brought and maintained in the federal or state courts of the State of California. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such determination shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Entries that have been tampered with are void. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, has threatened the operation of this Sweepstakes or violates these Official Rules.
- Winners List/Rules: To receive a winners list (available after September 1, 2003), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by November 30, 2003 to: 2003 DIRECTV Customer Appreciation Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 8991, Calabasas, CA 91372-8991. Please specify "Winners List". For an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by August 29, 2003 to the same address. Please specify "Rules." You may also view the Official Rules by visiting DIRECTV.com/hdtvprize.
- Mailing List: You may write to the following address to request that we remove your name from our list for any future sweepstakes mailings: DIRECTV, Inc., Customer Appreciation Sweepstakes Name Removal, Attention: Dena DaSilva, 2230 E. Imperial Hwy, El Segundo, CA 90245. Your request will be processed within sixty (60) days after receipt, after which time no further sweepstakes mailings will be sent to you.
- Sponsor: DIRECTV, Inc.
2230 E. Imperial Hwy, El Segundo, CA 90245.
- Sweepstakes Administrator: RPMC, Inc.,
24013 Ventura Blvd., Calabasas, CA 91302.